Thank you for being part of our community. We are so glad you are here! To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Be kind and professional. Differences of opinion can make for educational and productive posts in the UTeach Nation Virtual Network. We know there can be some contentious issues in our profession, and we certainly don’t want to avoid them. All we ask is that your conversations be productive and do not attack or disparage the person who has posted it. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Keep private information private. This is an easy guideline to accidentally break. As everyone knows, we see a lot of private information in the teaching profession. Please refrain from sharing any information that might disclose the identity of your student(s). Be mindful to respect the "closed" environment of the UTeach Nation Virtual Network’s online communities and do not forward messages to non-members.
- Be honest, be yourself. The community is intended to be used for the helpful exchange of information between members. False, inaccurate, or otherwise misleading information is not helpful. Please be sincere in your community participation by contributing only content that you know is accurate.
- Help us keep this community a learning tool and do not post any commercial messages in the community discussions, libraries, or to an individual’s inbox (unless they have specified otherwise). If you have a product or service you would like to promote to the UTeach Nation Virtual Network members, please contact us.
- Respect for intellectual property. Help us maintain the community's integrity and observe the intellectual property rights of others by submitting only content that you have personally written or have used with permission and properly attributed. The community should not be used to distribute unauthorized copies of any copyrighted material.
- Help look after your community. UTeach Nation Virtual Network’s online platform is here for the benefit of members like you. If you notice content within the community that does not abide by these guidelines, please report it to our Community Manager at email@example.com.
- Use the appropriate medium. This network is a great medium within which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. While we always want to encourage engagement within the UTeach Nation Virtual Network, we ask that you refrain from posting about community rules, moderation, or other UTeach administrative related topics in the open forums. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service to you and welcome all feedback you may have—positive or negative. We ask that you email us directly at with feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCUSSION GROUP ETIQUETTE
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, and location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Send a message to the entire list only when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals—not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list.” Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your email address in your profile.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
- Do not post the same message to several lists or libraries.
We respect your privacy.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and email address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of your UTeach program and the UTeach Institute except as noted below.
By agreeing to these guidelines and rules, you grant consent to the UTeach Institute and/or your UTeach program to use information you share in your member profile for research and/or reporting on UTeach programs and alumni. In these cases, the reports/data will contain no identifying information that could associate you with it.
With whom do we share the personal information we collect through this site?
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Data resulting from your participation in this community may be made available to researchers who are studying UTeach programs or teachers. In these cases, the data will contain no identifying information that could associate you with it.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our network, our users, or others.
Risks of internet use
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information, contact us at email@example.com.
THE LEGAL STUFF
This site is provided as a service for the members of National UTeach Alumni Network. The National UTeach Alumni Network is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the National UTeach Alumni Network or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the National UTeach Alumni Network be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants the National UTeach Alumni Network and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material. Comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
The National UTeach Alumni Network does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of the National UTeach Alumni Network, we will take all appropriate action.
The National UTeach Alumni Network reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.